Any kind of fruit works well with every pancake recipe. The only question is: which form will you use?
- whole fruits (berries)
- fresh fruit slices (bananas, peaches, strawberries, apples, pears, pineapples…)
- dried fruits (apricots, figs, raisins)
- flakes (coconut)
- juice (lemon, lime, orange)
- jams and compotes (plum, apricot, blueberry, lemon, orang
- applesauce (use it instead of oil in the batter as well)
- curds (excellent for neutralizing extra sweet pancakes)
#4 Creamy toppings
Whipped cream, chocolate whipped cream, cream cheese, salted caramel cream, marshmallow cream, cinnamon cream, vanilla custards, frostings, glazes. I could go on forever…
Butter, but instead of regular butter, choose peanut butter to make them extra rich or any nut butter.
Ice cream! Choose any flavor you like, vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch, nut, or fruit ice cream. How can you go wrong with ice cream? You can’t! It has another important upside – it is very easy to prepare at home.